CCR CAVE DIVER
The CCR cave diver class will teach students how to plan and conduct dives in an overhead cave environment. This is known as ‘full cave.’ This class is available to divers who are certified on the following units – rEvo, Megalodon, Sentinel, Inspiration, Evolution, Titan, Hollis Prism, KISS rebreathers, or Optima. This is a non-unit specific certification – classes with divers on mixed units are allowed.
At the successful completion of the class, the student will be issued an IANTD CCR Cave Diver certification.
Note: In open circuit cave diving, training is generally broken down into 4 different
classes – cavern diver, intro to cave, apprentice, and full cave. There are no such delineations in CCR training.There is simply one class – CCR cave diver. Students must take the class in full to achieve a certification, which allows them to dive in an overhead cave environment.
• TruDive must be purchased prior to class.
• CCR diver certification from a recognized training agency.
• 50 hours dive time on the unit the student will take the class on.
• Outstanding buoyancy skills.
• Students should have read their CCR owner’s manual, and made notes of any questions.
• Students should have read their IANTD CCR Cave class materials in full before the start of class, and made notes of any questions.
• Students must have read our article “How to be a good student” and adhere to all of the tips in the article.
• Students must have printed, and filled out the IANTD medical waiver. If the student answers yes to any of the questions, a doctors note is required that is less than 6 months old.
Classes are not based not in hours but in objectives. The student must master all skills and objectives of the class. Some classes will take longer than others in this regard. The following is a sample class schedule, which may be longer (if needed) to master the objectives. Itinerary, training location, class schedule or times may also vary due to weather.
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the training day generally begins at 8:30 am and ends at 5:00 pm.
Students must show up on day 1 with their unit built, and ready to dive. No exceptions. Students who arrive on day 1 with an un-assembled unit will be considered not prepared to begin class.
Full payment is due a minimum of 30 days prior to class to reserve your seat. Class fees are refundable up to 30 days prior to the start of class. Class fees may be transferred to another class date, if the cancelation occurs less than 30 days prior to class.
Additional fees outside of the class expenses will include boat charter fees, absorbent and cylinder fills.
Other expenses outside of class charged to third party providers outside of Add Helium may be incurred. The below list is an estimate for your convenience in planning, and may vary:
• Pool admission fees – $20
• Boat crew gratuity – $30-45 ($10-15 per diver, per trip recommended)
• Parking fees – $20 (parking may or may not be required, depending on dive site)
CCR Cave: $2,250
Contact us for more information.
Our Concierge will help you find lodging, car rental, gear rental, and other information you require! Don’t hesitate to contact Add Helium’s Concierge, Maggie, for assistance organizing your training.
If you are flying in from out of town, you will need a rental car to transport you and your dive gear from one site to another. Rental cylinders and other rental packages are also available through Add Helium. Just ask Maggie!
Ask Us About the
Congratulations are in order, to the recent Add Helium class graduates.